Once a year I get the obsessive compulsive urge to spring clean my wardrobe. This year I went a little nuts and I am getting rid of three trash bags + one smaller bag full of clothes. I felt like I was borderline hoarding with the way my closet/dresser was jam packed full of clothes. Initially I was disgusted with myself. I cannot believe I have THAT many clothes. And that I could get rid of that many clothes and my closet is still full!
However, some good came out of this endeavor. I found some hidden gems that I had totally forgotten about. Like these Rag & Bone Bradford Brogue Oxfords that I bought a year ago and have never worn.
So I dug these bad boys out of my closet and was determined to wear them ASAP. I figured work was the best excuse. So I paired it with some black jolt skinnies, my lush sheer sleeveless tunic and my Club Monaco blazer. Thus was born my dapper yo pro outfit. (For those of you who don’t know, yo pro = young professional.)
This isn’t a look I typically rock. So I felt a little out of my comfort zone but it’s always good to push yourself. Plus it totally paid off. I got tons of compliments. Someone even said that it would have been a disservice to humanity if I didn’t take a picture of it.
Five items I cannot live without:
1. Black Blazer: I actually have two black blazers, one from H&M and one from Club Monaco. The one from Club Monaco was probably the best investment I’ve ever made. I got it 70% off when they were closing their sunset store. I wear that thing ALL the damn time, over anything and everything.
2. Skinny Jeans: I discovered skinny jeans in 8th grade. A little bit before they became super trendy. At the time it was all about boot cut jeans, even flares. But I liked the way skinny jeans made my legs look. I have hips and long legs. Skinnies really lengthened them. It was funny because at the time everyone thought I was crazy for spending $100 on Lucky Jeans. Now most of my friends spend $100+ on jeans all the time. All of the jeans I own are skinny. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some say they are going out but I love them. Always have, always will.
3. Scarves: Scarves are like my security blanket. I feel 100% more dressed up the second I put a scarf on. Scarves actually became one of my staples in high school. I went to a private catholic high school and therefore I had to wear a uniform. The only way I could express my fashion sense was through accessories. So I wore A LOT of scarves.
4. Hats: My mom taught me the wonder of hats at a very young age. If you wear a hat, you don’t have to do your hair. BOOM! love them.
5. Converse: I love chuck taylors, high tops, low tops, yes please! I have a pair in red, purple, teal, black and more. I’ve gone through so many over the years.